The STM32F401 ‘Black pill’ development board is an updated version of the original F103 based black pill. This newer version features a more powerful Core-M4F based ARM CPU which brings with it a number of enhanced features, including more flash, SRAM memory, a Floating Point Unit, and an increased number of peripherals, including built in USB type-C OTG support. However, possibly the most amazing feature of this development board is the price. When compared to Atmel based Arduino development boards this little development board boasts a very impressive array of features for a fraction of the cost.
- STM32F411CEU6 (100Mhz) with 512KB FLASH & 128KB RAM
- Onboard LDO for 5V to 3.3V DC conversion
- 2x 20 Pin Single Line Header which gives access to all the IOs. The board comes with unsoldered header connectors.
- Header for SWD Programming Interface
- Switches for Reset, Boot Mode, User
- LED for Power and another connected on GPIO(C13)
- 25MHZ high speed crystal, 32.768Khz low speed crystal
- BOOT0 and NRST, releasing NRST to access serial port download, DFU download, using ST multi-in-one STM32 Cube Programmer burning software.
- Option to solder SPI Memory on the bottom side of the board.
- USB-C type Connector
- SWD interface: support simulation, download and debugging
- Mirco USB interface: power supply and USB communication, download is not supported
- USART1 interface: USART1 can be used to download programs, or use USART1 for communication
- MCU pin interface: lead out all I/O port pins for easy connection with peripherals
- 5V and 3.3V power input and output interface: often used for external power supply, or common grounding treatment with other modules
Other Equipment Description:
- Power indicator (PWR): The status of the power indicator, which can determine whether the power is stable
- User LED (PC13): Convenient for I/O output testing or indicating program operation
- Start to jump to select programming mode: (1, user flash memory 2, SRAM 3, system memory)
- Reset button: reset the chip for the user program
- 8M crystal oscillator: the frequency can be set to make the system main frequency 72MHz
- 32.768KHz crystal oscillator: can be used for built-in RTC or calibration