This is a basic 16 character by 1 line display. Black text on Green background. This is based on the most common Hitachi”s HD44780 parallel interface chipset. The HD44780U dot-matrix liquid crystal display controller and driver LSI displays alpha numeric, Japanese kana characters, and symbols.
Features of 16×1 Character LCD Display:
- 5 × 8 and 5 × 10 dot matrix possible
- Low power operation support:2.7 to 5.5V
- Connection port is 0.1″ pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Wide range of liquid crystal display driver power: 3.0 to 11V
- Liquid crystal drive waveform: A (One line frequency AC waveform)
- Correspond to high speed MPU bus interface: 2 MHz (when VCC = 5V)
- 4-bit or 8-bit MPU interface enabled
- 80 × 8-bit display RAM (80 characters max.)
- 9,920-bit character generator ROM for a total of 240 character fonts
- 208 character fonts (5 × 8 dot)
- 32 character fonts (5 × 10 dot)
Applications of 16×1 Character LCD Display:
- Password based door locked system.
- Moving message display.
- GSM based digital notice board.
- Electrical/electronic device display unit.
- 8051/AVR/ARM/PIC/Arduino/Raspberry-pi based projects.